If you are interested in teaching English as a Foreign Language at YCMES, plese go to the Department of English recruitment page.
Internships at YCMES
Yemen College of Middle Eastern Studies is recruiting an academic intern to assist with the development and administration of its Programme in Arabic Language and Programme in Contemporary Middle Eastern Studies.
- As student affairs officer, the academic intern is in charge of the well‐being of all YCMES students and international staff during their stay in Yemen, as well as of their cultural integration into Yemeni society.
- Assisted by other Yemeni staff members, the intern ensures that all practical details of student life are taken care of, provides new staff and students with a thorough orientation on Yemen and the YCMES, addresses all student concerns. The intern is the main liaison between students and the college’s administration, and between foreigners and Yemeni society, and will manage all YCMES student and staff concerns during their time in Yemen. This includes following up with them to ensure that concerns have been addressed and solved.
- The intern designs and organises cultural activities and field trips, and develops language exchanges in partnership with Yemeni institutions.
- The intern coordinates with the different YCMES offices and international representatives to ensure that travel arrangement, visa, housing, Arabic studies and accounting issues for new and current PAL students are well taken care of.
- The intern answers any pre-departure questions, advising students on travel and study in Yemen and/or at the YCMES, and will also handle enquiries from students already based in Yemen who wish to study at YCMES.
- Depending upon enrolment, the intern may also be required to assist with the administration and development of the Department of Engish.
- Living allowance
- Arabic instruction
- Flights reimbursed upon completion of one-year contract
- Cultural activities and field trips as offered by YCMES
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org