The Yemen College of Middle Eastern Studies Department of English has an ongoing need for qualified, experienced and dedicated Business and General English instructors to join its faculty.
We are currently recruiting instructors to begin in mid-July, but also welcome applications for later start dates.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Teach English courses following established YCMES guidelines and using acceptable communicative language teaching strategies and methodologies.
- Maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to optimal learning.
- Monitor, assess, and evaluate student work and progress.
- Participate in teacher training workshops and other developmental activities designed to enhance the quality of teaching and participate in the delivery of such training.
- Prepare reports and lessons plans, supplemental materials and activities, and quizzes as required.
- Maintain an up-to-date record of lesson plans, student attendance and grade records, according to YCMES procedures.
- Contribute to curriculum and test development activities.
- Assist in miscellaneous administrative duties related to the effective operation of a language institute.
- As a native speaker serve as a resource on the English language and culture to trainees and staff members who are not familiar with native-English culture.
Qualifications and desirable skills
- At least a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree for Business English)
- CELTA or equivilant
- At least one year ESL/ESP teaching experience for General English, and more then five for Business English
- Business experience necessary for Business English instructors
- Flexibility to work in a diverse and multicultural work environment
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and computer usage
- Only native English speakers will be considered for this position
- Salary is dependant on qualifications and experience
- Competitive package that includes monthly tax-free salary (commensurate with qualifications and experience)
- Furnished housing accommodation with main utilities, viz. electricity, water and gas, paid for by YCMES. En-suite bedrooms are provided and there is a communal kitchen, which is shared with the other native English speakers. The accommodation is provided in the heart of the old city.
- Round-trip plane ticket to Yemen reimbursed with successful contract completion
- All Visas are issued, in Sana’a, and paid for by YCMES (Entry, Residency and Exit Visas).
- Free Arabic language courses.
- Cultural activities and free field trips to historical sites in Yemen.
- Use of other YCMES services, eg. 24/7 Wireless Internet Service, 24 hour security in the housing facilities, in-house gym and laundry.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.