Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until the program is full. If you have any questions about the forms below please get in touch with us at pal@ycmes.
If you are in the US, you can also apply through the National Council on US-Arab Relations.
Before you start packing, we highly recommend reading our pre-departure information page.
Please email the following to
or fax them to +967 1 270 127:
- Completed 2013/14 or 2014/15 Application Form
- Completed Arabic experience form (included in Application Package)
- Signed student agreement (included in Application Package)
- Copy of the photo page of your passport
- Scanned copies of your academic transcript or student ID card (If applicable)
The above documents and further details are contained within the YCMES Arabic Application Package, which you can download here for 2013/14 or here for 2014/15. Students wishing to take part in our Program in Contemporary Middle Eastern Studies as well will also need to fill in the relevant sections of the YCMES Middle Eastern Studies Application Package.
- Once your application has been received and processed, YCMES will provide you with a formal price quote and details of how to pay it.
- A non-refundable deposit of $250 for North America and €200 for Europe is due upon registration to guarantee your enrollment.
- The balance of your total fees is due 30 days prior to your arrival in Yemen. Late payments will incur a $125/€100 late fee.
- After transferring your tuition to the proper account, please email a scanned copy of your bank’s transfer form or receipt to
or fax us a copy at +967 1 270 127. Please make sure to include your name on your transfer for indentification purposes.
- All program fees paid, minus the $250/€200 program deposit, will be returned to any student terminating their program prior to arrival in Yemen.
- Visa fees, however, are non-refundable.
- After a student arrives in Yemen, the refund policy for all fees is a 50% with a two-week written notification. Students will receive a 25% refund on tuition, meals and housing fees remaining after the two-week notice period. Any additional airfare or fees resulting from the early termination will be the responsibility of the student.
- If a student is expelled due to failure to adhere to YCMES academic standards, no refund will be given.