Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until the program is full. If you have any questions about the forms or requirements listed below, please get in touch with us at
The Middle Eastern Studies Application Package can be downloaded here.
Please email the following to
or fax them to +967 1 270 127:
- Completed application form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Signed student agreement
- Copy of the photo page of your passport
- Copies of your academic transcript or student ID card (If applicable)
- Copy of your TOEFL Certificate or equivalent (for non-native English speakers)
The above documents complete the YCMES Middle Eastern Studies Application Package, which you can download here. Students wishing to study Arabic as well will also need to fill in the relevant sections of the YCMES Arabic Application Package.
- Once your application has been received and processed, YCMES will provide you with a formal price quote and details of how to pay it.
- A non-refundable deposit of $250 for North America and €200 for Europe is due upon registration to guarantee your enrollment.
- The balance of your total fees is due 30 days prior to your arrival in Yemen. Late payments will incur a $125/€100 late fee.
- After transferring your tuition to the proper account, please email a scanned copy of your bank’s transfer form or receipt to
or fax a copy to us at +967 1 270 127. Please make sure to include your name on your transfer for identification purposes.
- All program fees paid, minus the $250/€200 program deposit, will be returned to any student terminating their program prior to arrival in Yemen.
- Visas fee, however, are non-refundable.
- After a student arrives in Yemen, the refund policy for all fees is a 50% refund with a two-week written notification. Students will receive a 25% refund on tuition, meals and housing fees remaining after the two-week notice period. Any additional airfare or fees resulting from the early termination will be the responsibility of the student.
- If a student is expelled due to failure to adhere to YCMES academic standards, no refund will be given.